Central Ohio-based web developer for small and medium businesses who designs exceptionally good web sites.
Get your web site higher in the search engines. You’ll get state-of-the-art coding and optimization techniques that help your potential new customers find you in search engines.
You get great looking, high-performance design that let you control the content. As you like, you can change wording, images, and almost anything about your site. You can control how Google/Bing recognizes and ranks each of your pages. It’s not difficult. If you’re able to create a word processor document and send someone a digital photo then you’re qualified to make simple updates to a site I build (or reconstruct) for you.
Web sites properly built with WordPress are highly Google-friendly. Your site can have all the features search engines look for — meaning new customers find you. [WordPress has become the world-class standard, the single most important and reliable web site development tool that exists. It powers a quarter of the entire web and half of all serious business sites.]
You’ll like my work: My aim is to make you say, “Wow! That’s great! I love it!”
What does a web site cost?*
It depends, of course. Typically anywhere from about $600 to $2800 for relatively simple sites. For highly interactive sites a crude number might be $5000 +/-, depending greatly on the functions needed and the content you need developed (i.e. copy, photography, graphic art, e-commerce data, etc.). Here’s a low cost exception
- A fresh high-end look and feel and a web site that works better and more efficiently than ever before
- Your site will look good whether accessed from the small screen of a smartphone or a large widescreen monitor. What’s known as mobile responsive design lets your visitors see and interact with everything on your site from their mobile phone — increasingly important because so many people are moving from desktops and laptops to tablets and smartphones.
- Optimal search engine ranking (state-of-the-art optimized coding)
- Instant site editing — simple as updating a Word document
- Ability to upgrade to many extra features that are either free or very low cost.
- Periodic security updates and with occasional automatic feature upgrades
- Free tutorials and help forums widely available across the internet — when you want an advanced “how-do-I-accomplish-this…” answer at 11:30 at night.
- Regular security updates to the underlying software and hardware technologies
The WordPress platform has evolved to become the single best choice for most small businesses. It’s simple to maintain, highly flexible, hard to break, has most every feature available that business owners and managers want, and “refreshes” easily for the newest looks, graphics, fonts, and layouts.
* Note: there are “free” web site design services, including free personal blogging WordPress sites, facebook pages, $3/mo hosting services, etc., but individually they lack crucial abilities and controls a real business needs on the web. Your web site is your ongoing business hub, something you need explicit control over.
Advantages of WordPress (and the framework and themes I use):
- You, the site owner, can have instant and generally complete control over your site’s content (words, photos, additional pages, layout, menus, etc.)
- Clean, efficient, well-documented code that’s fast and easy for any developer to understand and modify
- Power, speed, security, and flexibility from the additional framework I use enhances and protects the main WordPress core software
- Flexibility: Two or more layouts (typically home and inner page designs), in addition to all the built-in layout options (one-, two-, and three-columns, selectable on a per-page basis within any give theme)
- Because WordPress is open source and hugely popular worldwide, you’ll find tutorials on the web with answers to almost any question. WordPress now powers about 25% of the world’s top 10,000 web sites, and roughly half of all new web sites.
- The framework, or extra layer, I use on top of WordPress gives you:
- added security
- multiple advanced features
- additional layout flexibility
- mobile responsive design (your site looks and works great on small mobile phone/tablet screens as well as wide screen desktops and TVs)
There’s almost nothing that we can’t accomplish for your web site.
A full service Internet project
You can go well beyond the content management system to include internet marketing campaigns, i.e. ongoing marketing processes specifically for your business that complement your offline efforts. We’ll exploit your most cost effective marketing channels. I can teach you and your staff how to do much of the work, or we can do it all for you. Services can include:
- Site design—for mobile phone and tablet compatibility
- Graphic design, online & print
- Interviews and copy writing
- Video production/editing, including motion graphics
- Personalized training for you and your staff, plus online tutorials
- Search engine and social media marketing (Ads on Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Search engine optimization
- Opt-in email marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Web hosting, including ongoing updates of web applications
- Google-based email (gmail and Google Docs/Drive)
- Web apps such as:
- Customer relationship management tools
- Sales prospecting tools
- E-commerce/online sales
- Enthusiast forums
- Development of online learning tools for internal employee training
- Google Analytics to track and analyze site and ad traffic
- Point of Sale (POS) software that integrates a retail cash register with ecommerce and accounting software