Be sure you’re working with people who are up-to-date in the Internet / IT / Marketing / Design-Graphics world. No one does it all, but some can come close. Try me. By nature I’m an analyst and innovator. (The rare ENTP personality)
Beyond a formal education in Mechanical and Systems Engineering, plus Marketing, I’ve stayed current with university-level schooling in computer science, advanced mathematics, programming, and business strategy. My business life began in high-ticket B2B sales ($50K++ sales), skills that carry on in teaching and training.
Today, I take several university courses each year via MOOCs (massive open online courses). To keep grounded, I regularly teach high school Junior Achievement classes as a volunteer.
Relevant technical foundations
- Full-Stack Web Development “Bootcamp”
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- IT Foundations & Management
- Linux Foundations
- Networks & Security
- Linear Algebra, MATLAB/Scilab
- Discrete & Finite Math
- Logic & Real Analysis
Recent business & refresher courses
- Venture Capital Entrepreneurship
- Business Law
- Public Speaking
- Project Management
- HIPAA / Privacy Rule
- Smart Cities
- Improvisation and Creativity
Current study topics
- CompTIA certification study: Linux, Security, Cloud, Networking, Mobility
- Regional Board of Directors Junior Achievement
- Junior Achievement volunteer high school instructor
- Community theater actor and director
- Emerging technologies research
When you hire me for your internet/web projects you get a business technologist with a long and deep business sense of the internet.
Out of college I got into management consulting as a corporate headhunter of technical talent. Eventually started my own operation, then when the early web erupted I shifted into marketing and strategic planning for small businesses (<< 200 people).
By 1993, as the worldwide web began, I saw how the internet was going to change everything about business communications, including our personal lives*. Consulting projects quickly morphed into a combo of internet programming & marketing.
Because I’ve been through several business cycles and through every iteration of the internet era, you’ll get a ‘web guy’ who can help you stay on top of what’s possible and what’s worthy and timeless.
* I’ve always kept an insider’s view of technology. Friends in research laboratories across America commonly tuned me in to their work for the future. Years before they came out I’d learned of DVDs, flat screen HDTVs, pocket sized cell phones, government surveillance abilities, and even knew of secretive designs long before the iPhone’s announcement.
[I’m still shooting that curl. There’s so much more to come; the future’s going to be terrific.]